Monday 24 March 2014

Stride-em Cowgirl........


Howdy partners.........

So this is the suede  skirt that I talked about in the afore mentioned post. £10 from a vintage pop-up shop. Not sure about my choice of styling (given that I don't like myself in pictures, pretty much cringe through every shot, wishing I could be more adventurous with the photos), but what's done is done. 

John tends to reach a 10 pic maximum before he bursts a blood vessel, wishing he were somewhere else. 

Looking back at these pictures, I am wondering if I should have gone with a crisp white shirt and a nice scarf but that might have been a bit too Annie get yer gun.

Nevertheless, I shall endeavour to wear this new piece as soon as possible.  I have neglected wearing skirts for sometime now and I need to make an effort to get back in them.  Wallis, where I work, do not seem to produce many skirts, maybe a couple a year if we are lucky so it's not even like I get the opportunity to wear them for uniform. My dressing room is crammed full of really beautiful ones that deserve to be shown off instead of stagnating. 

I have paired it with my beloved red leather cowboy boots that I was lucky enough to find when I was living in France. After my initial childlike excitement, jumping for joy outside the shop, I handed over far too many euros , but they were officially mine. 

My love of Footloose comes racing back every time I put them on. 

I just need to create more opportunities to wear them other than trips to the local tip or dog-walking in the muddy fields. 









No comments:

Post a Comment