Thursday 6 March 2014

Detour to Downend...

Yesterday I was set free.

Usually on a Wednesday (my day off), John takes control of the car and leaves me marooned in Wales with no transport. No transport means no charity shop shopping, which is good as I rarely have any money anyway but occasionally it would be nice to get out and about.  And yesterday, I was given that chance.

I offered to pick John up from work, knowing that I could sneakily visit the Bristol charity shops on my way to him. The charity shops in Caldicot just don't measure up unfortunately. So, not having a lot of time available I made the decision to pop to Downend, a little area in North Bristol that is quite affluent and affluent areas make for better viewing.

The two shops I tend to visit are both the Clic Sargent and St Peters Hospice shop on the high street and it was the Clic Sargent shop that came up trumps for me.


I found these gorgeous shoes for £4.50 (brand new). They have a lovely two-tone gold heel and pretty little diamonte detail on the strap. Again, I am drawn to all things Gatsby-esque...

And so far so good. I have got through half a day at work and I haven't had to swap into my back-up shoes as yet (a must if I am trying new shoes out on a work day).


And this little beauty was a real find.. I know that kilts aren't everyone's cup of Assam but there are different ways to wear them that are neither Braveheart nor elderly granny stylie. A kilt was actually on my covet list for last year,  I just hadn't seen one that grabbed my attention. This one is really long, ideal for wearing with boots or heels and it is surprisingly very flattering. I will probably pair it with something simple on the top half such as a fitted polo neck jumper, or jersey top. It would look great dressed down also with a denim jacket and crisp white shirt. 

I cannot wait to wear it and prove to John that I will get the use out of it. 

His sniggering at the idea is still haunting me.





No comments:

Post a Comment