Monday 13 May 2013

Potty for peppermint....



If you'd have asked me ten years ago what my favourite wardrobe colour palette was, it would have been easy.....Red, Black, Camel, Silver. My wardrobe choices revolved around those four hues and not much else. Red for shock factor, black for safety, camel for professionalism and silver for those oh so plentiful red carpet moments (Saturday nights in the wine bar in Weston). These days, I am loving the whole spectrum (apart from maybe grey and brown, I am yet to be convinced of their uses). The inside of my wardrobe now looks like an explosion of M&M's with bright colours at every turn. I still smile fondly when I think of my amazing year in France and the response of the French to my colourful clothes. If I turned up to school in an orange or red dress for example, they would always enquire as to why I was wearing something so bright. And in the street? People would openly joke that I must be either a tourist or English. 

Their idea of fashion, no matter how elegant, was about blending in, not standing out. After all, why would you want to bring attention to yourself? Anyway, that's an interesting debate for a other time but for now, I wanted to show you a lovely little peppermint duo that I came across a couple of weeks ago in a charity shop in Fishponds. 

Peppermint is one of those colours that I have never even considered before but for some reason, it has implanted itself well and truly on my radar. 

£3 for the cardigan and £4 for the shoes. And if I ever find myself with a spare 5 minutes, I plan to embellish the shoulders further with some more sequins and maybe a sprinkling of Mother of Pearl beads. Just to fully accentuate the Grandma look. Just add a full circle skirt, necktie and John Travolta....perfect for a Thursday night at the drive-thru. 



No comments:

Post a Comment