Friday 10 May 2013

French Leave

I cannot believe I have taken so long to get back to my beloved blog. I am sorry about the lack of posting. A weeks holiday to France and I have bought some of that laid back attitude with me.....ok, lazy attitude. But my friend Jo snapped me out of it at lunch this week, so I am back and raring to go. Are you sitting comfortably?..........


So, my lovely week back home in France was supposed to lead to many blogging opportunities. Strolling up and down La Croisette in Cannes, parasol in hand, a la Audrey Hepburn........oversized black glasses teamed with a silk headscarf, silk gloves and a gorgeous 1950's dress a la Grace Kelly, the list could go on. 10 or so years ago that is exactly what would have happened (much to the annoyance of my poor boyfriend at the time), but this time I let myself down. I could blame it on going with the kids and not having much time but that would be a lie. I could blame it on the surprisingly disappointing weather but that has never stopped me before.  But to be honest, I have no excuse. I just didn't dress up much. To be honest my overly ambitious intake of Rosé wine probably didn't help and the oh so attractive "gueule de bois" that followed.  Maybe it's age. All I know is that I am ashamed of myself. Dressing up is who  I am and although I certainly didn't wander around France looking like someone from the Royle Family, I didn't go to town like I normally would have done. Shame on me. 

The outfit above was meant to be my "going away" outfit until John scoffed at me wanting to take a coat to the south of France. Maybe that's where it all went wrong.  So I bowed to peer pressure and left the coat behind. And the bag. Which was incidentally bought specifically with that coat in mind. I found the bag nestling on a shelf in the St Peters Hospice charity shop in Staple Hill for a mere £4. I love the unusual shape of it.  That said, they both got left behind, never to feel the sun of the Côte d'Azur. To be fair though, neither did we. 


No comments:

Post a Comment