Saturday 27 October 2012

All the fun of the fair(s)


I can’t believe I haven’t had time to write in nearly a week. Shameful.

Well, first up – my first vintage fair last Sunday………I was like a child in a sweet shop. It was amazing. We got there for 9ish not really knowing what to expect and already there were already lots of people milling around. There were stalls packed with vintage jewellery, clothes, hats, accessories but also home wear, furniture and collectables. I found some real treasures and it was great to spend time with Micky. She found a stall holder with two Basset Hounds (her favourite dogs) and was happy from that moment on. She did admit that it wasn't really her "bag" (vintage or not) but she was happy to come and let me indulge for a couple of hours. It was nice to see also that vintage didn’t necessarily mean expensive. One stall was selling leather 1950’s gloves for only £3.50 and most of the evening dresses on one stand were no more than£20. I bought some gorgeous Miss Sixty mixed red leather boots, a silver lurex evening dress, an art deco scarf pin and a polka dot wrap skirt. A perfect sunday morning.......minus the bacon sandwich. 



 
This is the skirt. It was £10 but Michala got her down to £5 which was a good job as its covered in marks and even got a few holes but you can't seem them unless you are up really close.  I love it anyway and when you love something/someone - you learn to forgive the flaws!  The ruffle shirt is from St Peters Hospice on Fishponds Road, its got a 1970's disco feel to it!  And the bag....well that is Louis Vuitton.  I suppose that is getting on for a vintage now - I bought it a few years ago in Cannes, France.  I adore her and she only comes out for special occasions. I am so scared she will get stolen.  As for the wolf - that is my gorgeous dog - Solo.  He is dying to go out for a walk and I am being selfish by getting my blog done first. I am a bad mum.

 
These are the Miss Sixty boots.....only to be worn for short periods at a time!

 
This stall is Bex Vintage (website : www.bexvintage.co.uk ).  It was massive, the biggest there and the stall where I bought all 3 items of clothes. 

 
The lovely Miss Michala and her future dog

 
Bex Vintage again, I still can't believe I got photos with no people in them - the place was packed

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment