Friday 16 October 2015

Cover Girl....





Ok, so I may have done this the wrong way around but let me explain......

Last week me, my long suffering husband and my friends Rhianna and Katie went to a fashion show at one of the amazing St Peters charity shops in Bristol.  I have a very long article to write and lots of pictures to post and it's what you might call a work in progress........in between ripping out the last remnants of our kitchen and laminating posters for work. 

So, rather than delay this particular post, I decided to go ahead. There's nothing that states my blog needs to be in chronological order.....or any order for that matter! 

Therefore, may I introduce to you Miss Katie Jones, in all her vintage glory.  Quite possibly one of the most positive and calming people I've ever met.  

Katie paid the very worthy price of £10.99 for this 70's boho dress that she spied at the fashion show. A vision in green paisley, she carries off the modern seventies vibe very well. Funnily enough though the day after we went to the show, John found the same little number on the front cover of a magazine supplement for the local Bristol Evening Post. What are the chances? The article is all about St Peters Hospice shops and it turns out that this dress is quite famous as it's also featured in their Autumn/Winter graphics campaign all over the city.



The nature of the second-hand clothing beast is that you rarely know the original source of donations when you buy them but I would love to know who gave this up and why. Too old? changed shape? not quite their style any more? It could have been many a reason. The romantic in me however hopes that the original owner will either have seen the supplement this week or one of the graphics in a shop window maybe and secretly smiled a big proud smile to themselves. 

Whoever they are, they can rest assured that it will now go on to live a new life with the lovely Miss Jones. I wonder what new adventures they will share.....

No comments:

Post a Comment