Monday 5 October 2015

Lucky, lucky, lucky....


Where to start?

I guess I should start by telling you some super exciting news...

I'm still not quite sure how this has happened but I have managed to land my dream job. I have written about treasures from St Peters Hospice charity shops many a time throughout my blog and I am extremely proud to say that I am now going to be one of their Area Managers.  I will be responsible for around 15 of their shops in Bristol, starting on November 2nd. 

I can honestly say that I cannot remember a time when I wanted something so much (apart from maybe waiting for john to pop the question!). I am so passionate about the cause as they cared for my friend recently in the last stages of her life and they do such good work for people affected with life limiting illnesses (and their families). I am a regular in their shops so when I saw the job advertised on their website, life as we knew it came to a stop so I could plough everything I had into the application. Days and nights were spent on research and presentations, visiting shops and devising a plan. I am so happy to say that all the work paid off and I cannot wait to start. 

And with all new beginnings, there is usually an ending of sorts that precedes it. That ending will be with Wallis. I have been part of that family for just over five years. In that time I went from a four hour sales advisor to a multi-site manager and I am so grateful for everything I've learnt. I have made some great friends, learnt from many mistakes but achieved so much both personally and professionally. It's been a whirlwind time but it has been an amazing springboard to an exciting new start. 

So, that's my life at the moment. Working like I've never worked before on a big project for Wallis that I want to see through to the end before I go while also trying to think about the massive step up I am about to take. Bloody scary times. 

In amongst all my time researching however, I did manage to come upon a few little gems that I just couldn't turn my back on. So the following pics are a small homage to the amazing St Peters Hospice shops and the beauties that can regularly be found within. 



A vinatge Dorothy Perkins mac - £6.99



A £2 top on the bargain sale rail in the Brentry shop



A classic black dress with deep pockets that I just love. £10 from their Staple Hill shop. I'm going to pair it with red lips, red leather gloves and a headscarf. I'm going to channel my inner Linda Koslowski in that scene at the end of the film - Crocodile Dundee. But just to clarify.....I will not be throwing my shoes away like she did. 


And finally a boxy red old school blazer. The photo doesn't really do it justice. It's very 80's and very structured with big gold buttons. It's a little big then I'm not the smallest girl up top! £4. 

So there you have it. A select few from a vast supply. A supply that is set to grow no doubt. 

Sorry john.......

No comments:

Post a Comment