Tuesday 15 July 2014

Motivation....

Okay, I am not ashamed to say it.  I have joined Slimming World.

John and I decided it was time to take action (especially after all the food and drink we consumed while on holiday).  We both started last Monday, and we must go every Monday night for the ceremonial weigh-in and the slightly Americanised chats that follow about how well/bad we have all done and how we can improve. Cringe.

I know how exactly I can improve. Give up wine (as if). Nevertheless, I am going to try and follow the rules, (a little harder next week I think), and we shall see what fruits it shall bear......

I was thinking to myself, one must have a point of motivation, something to steer me out of the dieting gloom and into the future skinny light, so I have appointed this dress as my beacon of hope.  It is another purchase from my charity shop run last week and one that currently doesn't fit (of course).  I saw it, tried it on and left it behind as the "frown of  disbelief", took over when I left the changing room, unable to do up another zip. Yet another item that probably would have easily fit pre-wedding but now doesn't thanks to all my happy-fat. But I kept thinking about how lovely it was and I returned, frown gone, to stake my claim.



It was a little difficult to take some photos that show it for as beautiful as it is, hopefully when I can finally wear it, I shall do it justice.  There are a couple of marks on the front near the base of the hem, but I'm hoping that as it swishes about, people (myself included), won't notice it. It was £12 and I probably could have got a discount for the marks but I never usually ask if its a charity shop item.  High Street mega-giants are a different kettle of fish. After all, they can afford it and you can expect 
good quality new products. Second-hand, you expect a little wear and tear sometimes. 

I don't have an event in mind, although it would serve as a lovely Christmas Day dress. I am thinking hair up in a bun with a little flower on the side. Go for the whole Spanish look.

"The Shop on Gloucester Road" is Clic Sargent's flagship vintage charity shop in the Bishopston area of Bristol and it's a second-hand lovers dream quite frankly.  The last time I visited, I bought a gorgeous plum dress (I call it my Wilma Deering dress) for £20 that sits proudly in my fab finds tab on this blog. I took some photos to share with you in the hope that those locals among you may pay it a visit.  It really is worth it. They have everything from clothing to nic-nacs, pictures to bric-a-brac.







It is a little treasure trove of vintage goodies just waiting to be adopted. So pop along if you are able Truffle Hunters! You won't be disappointed. 

P.s. By the time I finished this post, I discovered I had lost two pounds at Slimming World this week. And that was without really trying so I shall double my efforts this week and soon the dress will be mine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment