Friday 4 July 2014

For starters.....

Ok, so I have just been reviewing my purchases from yesterdays charity shop spree and there are rather a lot (quelle surprise). So I thought I would write about them a few at a time. As I mentioned in my previous post, I spent a lovely couple of hours mooching around the Gloucester Road area in Bristol, killing time the best way I know how (that doesn't involve a wine glass in my hand).  I prefer shopping on my own, not sure why, I have always preferred it that way, just me, myself and I.

Gloucester  Road is somewhat synonymous with charity shops.  It's a really vibrant area full of independent boutiques, local businesses, great pubs and second-hand shops galore. It was lovely weather and the cafes and bars were full of punters making the most of the al-fresco dining experience, sat outside, watching the wold go by. A few years back John and I spent the day wandering up and down doing a pub crawl, stopping to browse in the charity shops in between and it was on that fateful day that John found me a genuine Louis Vuitton purse, hiding in the cabinet at the back of the shop.  Good memories.

Yesterday did not disappoint either.  I was a bit dubious as to whether I would find anything to wear clothes-wise (having grown even bigger since the all-inclusive holiday), so I was content just to focus on shoes, jewelry and bric-a-brac.


Now these shoes may look slightly granny-esque but that's probably why I liked them. They were a bit different and had that quirky factor that I like. And in true granny style, they are so comfortable, it actually feels like you are wearing slippers. I always look for bright coloured shoes, yellows, greens, reds and so on.  The more colourful the better. Its important to extend the brightness of your outfit all the way down to your feet and colourful shoes are always a good talking point. 

Le prix? £4.99 from the Clic Sargent  charity shop.



There is still a bit of a heel to help raise up my tiny height towards the clouds.  I don't recognise the label but you can tell they are of a very good quality.


The second item was this pendant (also from Clic Sargent ) at the grand old price of £2. The irony is that I recognised it being from that Great British institution - Primark and as I already have the same necklace in cobalt blue, I remembered that it was only £2 brand new! I actually wore the blue version on my wedding day as my something blue.  But this is a nice neutral colour that you can wear with pretty much anything so it was worth the price. New or old.

So there's a small snippet of what I bought, main course is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment