Tuesday 29 April 2014

Hidden Gem...

Yet again I find myself neglecting my blogger duties as I attempt to deal with every day life. I have returned to work after my stint at home with a bad back and it is as if I was never away.  John is working tirelessly to get the en-suite finished in our bedroom and is having various meaningful relationships with things like copper piping and cement board.  In a bid to ensure that he never sits still, he also started a new project of decorating his youngest daughters room so that she has a nice peaceful sanctum of her own when she comes to stay.  And, I am pleased to report that apart from one last piece of wallpaper it is all but finished and looks truly lovely. A melange of pale pinks and lilacs, Eiffel Towers and beautiful french calligraphy dancing all over the walls.  I am quite excited about her seeing it this weekend for the first time.

But, home improvements aside, I wanted to get back into writing my posts.  It is a welcome distraction from the cut-throat world of retail in which I work, and the DIY SOS that I come home to at night.

So if you are sitting comfortably,  I shall begin.

This little find turned out to be somewhat of a surprise....


I have been looking for a new watch for a while, ever since my lovely husband stepped on my beloved watch by accident. 

He kindly offered to replace it for me but unfortunately it was a charity shop find (of course) and had no branding so there was no way to acquire another one. I am sure I blogged about when I first started out as I was so pleased when I came upon it. Anyway, I have been looking to fill the void on my wrist for some time but not found one as worthy.

I found this watch on the lovely mother-daughter day that I mentioned in my last post. It was hiding at the back of a jewelry display cabinet and was priced at £4.25 from the Weston Hospice Care shop, in Weston-super-Mare, my hometown. 

You may think this is very plain and not particularly special but I thought it was a classic design. It will serve me well for work and the two rows of diamanté crystals will make it easily transferable to the evening. 

And the added extra? When I did a little research on the particular brand and style, I was amazed to find that the little stone just above noon is in fact a diamond! So my little find is now all the more cherished and adorns my wrist with pride.

Proof again that you really can find some amazing little treasures if you look hard enough.  People know not what they give away!

No comments:

Post a Comment