Thursday 20 February 2014

A long time coming......


I should have written about this cape a long time ago so apologies to my lovely friend Jo (and her sister Emma), who very thoughtfully bought me this beautiful cape for my 40th last year.  A cape had been on my wish list for some time (as I had written previously), but I had not been lucky enough to find a black one as lovely as this.  They did, and bought it in a charity shop in the Cotswolds while on a weekend away.  Being a present, I dont know the price but Jo assured me that she had done her research and the label "After Shock" was apparently a very good name in capes of this kind.

An opportunity to wear it had not come forward until Valentines Day last week when my lovely husband took me out for a meal.  On our way in and out of Caldicot, the little town we now call home, we drive past a lovely hotel - Marriot St Pierre Hotel & Country Club, that was quickly added to my list of places to visit.   And last Friday, I was lucky enough to cross it off my list as I ditched the DIY gear for the chance of a date with John.



These photo's aren't great (I am in them after all) but they show off the item in question at least.  I wore the gorgeous cape over top of my cheonsam (chinese dress) which seem to make a perfect pair.  A cape of this kind could only be properly worn with certain items such as evening dresses or maybe smart tapered trousers. I couldn't imagine wearing it with a full skirt for example.


It is so soft and although the pictures don't show it, it has a lovely rippled fake fur effect with diagonal detail stitched all over it.  Just lovely. And after a wonderful evening and far too much food and drink for that kind of dress, I reluctantly replaced it back in my dressing room, pondering over when our next rendezvous would be.

Soon I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment