Wednesday 15 January 2014

The writing's on the wall......

I am having a very lazy day off. The best kind. I have spent most of it in my favourite place in the house so I thought I would share with you a few more pictures so you can see why I love it so much.


This is our bedroom. Not yet completely finished, we still have skirting board to paint and carpet to buy but the main bulk of the work is done. I wanted a really striking feature wall behind the bed and this paper just jumped out at me. John on the other hand, does not love the wallpaper but not because of the pattern, because it was a nightmare to lay apparently. And me being me, as much as I loved it when I got back from work, all I noticed were the imperfections and marks on it, not realising what a horrible time John had had all day, trying to so it on his own. 

You can just see Madelene in the corner (my wrought iron mannequin still wrapped in Christmas lights from 2012). I think she is so pretty and I switch the lights on all the time, even in the day.


This is the view from the back wall. John now has his own wardrobe solely for "man" use. Never before has such an honour been bestowed upon him. The other one is of course mine. We couldn't fit another one in my dressing room so he caved and allowed me another one in our room just for jeans, jumpers etc. 


This is a decal that I had made for the wall of our en suite. Surprisingly, I resisted the urge to fill it full of pictures as I had an idea at the back of my mind of some beautiful french wording being written upon the wall.  I wasn't brave enough to attempt to paint it myself, so I researched on the net for the cheapest decal/wall art sticker I could find and this is the result. £7.50 from Amazon. 

Quelle bargain! 


The proverb translated reads; " the perfect couple is one that talks to one another as best friends, plays like children and protects one another like brother and sister". I saw it written on a friends wall on Facebook once and loved it ever since. I just think it adds a little je ne sais crois to the room and personalises it even more. My only regret is that I didn't chose the matt option as it is awfully shiny when the light is on. 

Talking of lights, here is a link to the light that I have bought for my dressing room. Not quite a chandelier but it's got "quiet" elegance I think. And of course, it's got a French name.....



And as for this imposter.....of course he isn't allowed in the bedroom. There was an emergency and he ran upstairs to find his mum.

The emergency being...... he needed a cuddle.



No comments:

Post a Comment