Thursday 12 December 2013

On the eighth day of Christmas, a true friend gave to me.....




A gorgeous hand-painted, Polish china jug.

I met my friend Ewa at university 7 years ago. We had both signed up to do a French and Tourism degree at the University of the West of England in Bristol. From that first day I met her, she has never ceased to amaze me.  Firstly, for the fact that she started a university course after having a beautiful baby just a few weeks previous. Secondly because she is an incredibly funny woman and I have always been impressed at how she gets the British dark, sarcastic humour. To me, being funny in a language that is not your mother tongue, is always very impressive.  And thirdly because of her un-resounding attitude to never giving up. She has had to deal with so much in her young life and at times has had little or no support other than what she herself, has brought to the table. 

She never complains, always puts on a smile and continues to fight for all the things that are important to her.......family, roots, and the constant belief that there is a much better life out there for her and her gorgeous son and she won't stop until she gets there. 

To say I am proud of her would be a massive understatement.  In the last year, she (and her friend Gabby) have worked tirelessly on building up their own business (often while working full time in another job they hate so they can pay the rent and chase the dream). And it is finally coming to fruition. 

The Chouchou is the result. You can buy beautiful handmade Polish goods, pottery and other handcrafted items. It's still in its infancy but the foundation is there and it can only grow and grow. 

So take a look, you may just find something you like and place an order. And if you do, you can do it knowing that you are supporting an amazing woman that I am privileged to call my friend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment