Wednesday 18 February 2015

Cape Town...





I'm not sure what it is about Capes but I love them.  Any colour, any fabric, they can instantly transform an otherwise dull jeans and a jumper combo into something a little more stylish.

The one pictured above was a very kind gift from my friend Vicky.  She found it in a charity shop near her home recently and knew of two people (myself being one of them) that would love it.  Her other friend passed on it so I became the lucky owner. It is a lovely black velvet fabric and last night I paired it with my leather trousers, stone jumper and suede shoe boots. Because of their shape, capes seem to work better with trousers as opposed to dresses, although I have paired them together on occasion. Considering that is not a particularly dressy look, I have to say I felt amazing.  I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful friend.

Capes featured big in the Autumn/Winter 2014 collections in many different guises.  From Ralph Lauren to Yves Saint Laurent, they were everywhere.  The ultimate winter cover-up.  My version however would have had a slightly different price tag thankfully.  Even if I won the lottery, I couldn't imagine paying the extortionate prices for designer clothing.  I would still get joy from rummaging around the charity shops (I do however exclude an obligatory "trolley dash" around Louis Vuitton in Paris from that statement, that would be a must, even with the guilt).

Anyway, just a quick post today.  It's my day off and although John did leave for work this morning, half an hour later he was back.  Home with a very poorly sounding car.  So tentatively, we are off to the garage at 1pm to find out our fate.  It's a good job I don't have expensive taste.  We are not destined to be rich!




1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful with the leather trousers! So pleased you liked it ... another Chepstow find.

    ReplyDelete