Friday 8 August 2014

Just popping to the village...

That is what I tell myself regularly. I need stamps OR something for tonight's dinner OR a card, knowing damn well the lure of the two local charity shops will pull me in while there and today as no exception.

Today I came home with two new pairs of shoes and a velvet jacket that I will write about another time. The shoes are not particularly sexy or edgy, no skyscraper heels, just comfy useful everyday shoes. Both were £2.50 and found in St Davids Hospice shop in Caldicot village. The green pair originated from my own shop Wallis but the second pair in black are from none other than Hobbs whose court shoes and pumps can easily be seen at prices around £130-£150. They look brand new with no visible marks whatsoever so they are a particularly good find. Neither pair are very high (for me, although I say that and everyone else still thinks they are too high), so they will serve as good work shoes. 


The odd thing was that I strolled into the village in a pair of turquoise shoes that were pretty much the same style. They too are a charity shop find from a few years back as I bought them to match a dress for my graduation (or at least the festivities afterwards).


So now I have three pairs of similar guise. Thankfully, now I have my dressing room, they can be displayed and not hidden. We have built in space for a few new purchases at least. 

I haven't written about my dressing room as it is not quite finished but rest assured when it is, there will be a post covering the official opening ceremony. 


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I want to be at the official opening ceremony!

    ReplyDelete