Sunday 27 October 2013

Humbled.....

One day last week I was having a particularly stressful day at work. Nothing was going right and it was one of those days where you feel like you are fighting a losing battle. And (I am sad to say) that those days are becoming more and more frequent. 

But then to my delight and surprise my lovely friend Sue popped in with a belated birthday present and like me, she too has a love for all thing vintage. She had bought me a lovely cushion and has been collecting vintage brooches at different vintage fairs over the past few months that she had pinned onto the front. She was with me when I found my beloved Dior brooch at the Bristol Ashton Gate fair that I cannot currently find but then we still have boxes upon boxes to go through since the house move.  

Apparently there would have been more of them but she told me she was being too fussy and spent too much time selecting just the right ones. 

What a lovely gift, and it is true that thoughtful gifts do mean so much more. 

Ps.... I haven't yet finished posting about all my other lovely presents that I received for my 40th in July so apologies to all my friends that read this and are thinking "she still hasn't written about it!" I will get there, I promise






No comments:

Post a Comment